Ever wanted to get into audiobook narration but wondered how?
I have been an audiobook narrator for a year or so and have a number of titles to my credit on Audible, the world market leader in audiobooks.
My new short course will give you an introduction to the process and practicalities of getting into this burgeoning market.
The course includes
- The marketplace – the size of the market, current growth, the number of players
- How to get yourself registered with Audible, the market leader, in order to audition for titles looking for narrators.
- What equipment and software you need to record, edit and process your own recordings.
- What skills you need
- A practical
session, which will include
- Installing and configuring the software
- An example of a simple home studio
- Recording your first script
- Editing the recording
- Processing the recording to Audible’s technical specification.
The course will be limited to 4 participants in order to give each the attention and help needed.
Cost £100 for the full day.
You will need to bring your own laptop (this will be used for editing your own recording during the workshop). I will provide a laptop, microphone and a mini recording booth, for use during the recording part of the workshop.
The first course will be on Wednesday 27th February in central London, at the Meeting Venue, Brick Lane.
To register your interest, please complete the form below, and I will notify you with the details of the next course. If you have any questions about the course, or wish to reserve a place, please feel free to call me on 07976 910082.